Would you leave home without carefully selecting the right lipstick or jewelry or watch to go with your outfit? Most likely No. Why? Because those items add the perfect finishing touches to any outfit. So, why would you not give the same level of consideration to your home or business?
Chandelier adds the perfect finishing touch to any room. Chandeliers are attention grabbers and conversation starters. Therefore, a chandelier should be chosen based on the following factors:
1) The structural design of your home or business. Are your ceilings high? You might need a longer or an adjustable chain for suspension. Can your ceilings support a heavy or large chandelier? Do you have an installation port or a base for your chandelier? If not, you will need to hire a professional, who will let you know if an installation will interfere with existing wires that run in the ceilings.
2) Functionality of the chandelier. Do you want it to illuminate a wide area or a small area? Do you want a chandelier that can be dimmed? Will it be placed in a dark area or fairly lit area? If dark, consider a white light, but if fairly lit, consider a warmer light. However, these suggestions may be reversed if you are creating a specific ambiance.
3) Its Relationship to other furniture or decor. Are your furniture and decor filled with character or bold? Consider a small and simple chandelier, but if you have few simple or plain furniture, consider a large and unique chandelier or multiple pieces. This will complement rather than clash with existing furniture. For a better understanding, look at the pictures below.
Minimally decorated area
Well decorated area
4) Your Style and Character. Are you more:
- Contemporary- Go for the artsy or geometric designs that are black or white.
- Modern or Glam- Go for eye-catching pieces that dazzle or sparkle...basically anything that is crystal, gold, silver or has a shiny metallic finish.
- Rustic- Go for the pieces that are industrial that seem raw or unfinished. A wood or rust material is ideal
- Traditional- Go for the pieces that mimic older light fixtures from the earlier centuries that had candlesticks.
Thank you for reading! Best of luck!
For more information on home renovation and maintenance tips, please like, share, and subscribe to our monthly newsletter!